CQ Rescue Health Services is committed to providing you with the highest levels of service. This includes protecting your privacy and personal information.
CQ Rescue Health Services privacy scheme is based on the Privacy Act 1988, with the amendments made by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 following, 10 National Privacy Principles (NPP's) The principles provide strict rules for how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information.
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by CQ Rescue Health Services may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, employer's name and relationships.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or a high level of service.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
CQ Rescue Health Services collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form;
- From third parties such as other government agencies and service providers, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From the organisations described below under "When we disclose your personal information";
- From our own records of how you use our services; or When legally required to do so.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Administer and manage services, including subscriptions, charging, billing and collecting debts, insurance claims;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you have been or could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Research and develop our services and infrastructure;
- Gain an understanding of your information and service needs in order for us to provide you with a better service.
- Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations. The organisations to which we may disclose information may include:
- Public and private sector health providers;
- Your representatives (for example your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Organisations involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions
- Outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you that may include:
- Customer enquiries;
- Systems administration and maintenance;
- Mailing systems;
- Billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Information technology services.
When Using Online Services
Personal information provided to CQ Rescue Health Services when you send us an e-mail message or other electronic formats will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. Your details will not be added to the general mailing list. Unless required by law, CQ Rescue Health Services will not disclose this information without your consent.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual's computer hard drive. Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. However, you can usually change the settings on your browser to not accept cookies.
Cookies are used in three limited ways by some services on DES websites:
A cookie is used to determine whether your computer has support for cookies turned on. This allows us to advise you that you need tenable cookies to be able to use the service.
A cookie is used to manage the maximum time to complete your transaction. It contains the start time of your transaction. A cookie is used to contain the session identifier tenable our web server to manage your session.
The information remains on your computer after the Internet session until the expiry time. Cookies used on the CQ Rescue Health Services site do not contain any personal information. We make no attempt to identify individual users in any way.
Note: External sites that are linked to our website are not under CQ Rescue Health Services control and you are advised to review their privacy and security provisions and statements.
What Else You Should Know
Separate security arrangements will typically apply, depending on the sensitivity of the information. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information.
CQ Rescue Health Services takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
That's why we recommend that you:
Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information, and keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name or address.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to the way CQ Rescue Health Services handles your personal information, please contact us on (07) 4998 5232 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can write to:
CQ Rescue Health Services
PO Box 1850
Mackay Qld 4740